Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Shutterfly has always been my source for birth announcements, invitations, holiday cards, and gifts. They have the best selection for cute and affordable invitations to fit any occasion. http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-invitations
We recently had photos taken of our family at a special place in Glen Allen, MS..I can’t wait to see them and pick out which photo will be on our Christmas Cards this year…
Click here to receive your 50 free cards Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly http://bit.ly/sfly2010
I think I will order these cute ornaments this year for Banks and Grant…I love to have a new photo of them on the tree each year.. http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/pewter-ornament
Take advantage of this great deal and blog to get your cards too!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Grant will start Washington School in August and I am so excited to see him grow there the same way I did for 12 years. Mark starts on July 1 as a Farm Bureau Agent for Washington Co. and I will continue to do what I love and raise money for the March of Dimes.
Our house in Madison is on the market so if you know of anyone looking for a house let us know...you can look it up at Charlotte Smith Real Estate.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
- Day 1- High Blood pressure stayed over night in Labor and Delivery recieved Magnesium.
- Day 2- Moved to postpardum to be watched for a day.
- Day 3- We thought we were going home but Dr. Cole wasn't sure about my blood pressure just yet so she said that morning that it would be at least another night. During her nightly rounds my pressures had gone back up (even after increasing meds two times). She immediatly said lets go back to Labor and Delivery and watch you overnight and have this baby in the morning. OK...so I was here alone because Mark had gone to take care of some things but was on his way back...I called him and told him to hurry back and to go ahead and tell our families. Within a few minutes my blood pressure had risen to 200/116 so it was decided that we would be having the baby within 30 minutes. Missy and my sister in law Deanne were the only ones here when Mark brought Banks out for his first appearance.
Welcome Alexander Banks Nixon...7:14 pm, 5lbs 14oz, 18.5 inches
Our parents just did not have time to make it. Banks was taken to the NICU where they started a Cpap to help him breath a little better. I was given another round of Magnesium overnight since my blood pressure had gotten so high again.
- Day 4- That morning was a little crazy...too many meds at once = my blood pressure to drop really low...I was a little loopy for a while but by lunch I was back to the postpardum floor and go to go see Banks for the first time.
- Day 5- Still in hospital trying to relax, recover, and visit with Banks in the NICU
He is doing well breathing through a nasal canula only and recieving some iv fluids...I think we are just waiting for him to slow his heavy breathing down, and start drinking milk and gaining weight...then we will be coming home. That could be maybe 4 more days I am thinking...maybe more maybe less.Looks like we will be here in room 103 until Sunday or Monday.
It is not much easier the second time around in the NICU...I keep seeing these babies being brought to the mommas room as i am being wheeled to intensive care.. I can tell Banks knows who I am...he responds when he hears me and opens his eyes when I am holding him.
Everything happend so fast,...I have had my first emotional breakdown today. And I am sure there are more to come.
Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, or texted....we appreciate all the prayers and hope you'll keep praying. Enjoy the pictures....We can't decide who he looks like...
Friday, February 12, 2010
On the other hand....today was not the easiest day to be on bed rest...School was closed and Mark was home. I of course had to play outside in the snow for a little while, then had to deal with an extremely hyper 3 year old. Mark has been helping out alot but today I think he thought he was the one on bed rest...I did more than I should have today and now feel really exhausted at 6:30 pm...
Britney and Laura brought us supper tonight....we ate early and it was Great...I love anything that I don't have to cook. I am about to relax in a warm/hot bath with Grant's watermelon bubble bath and think about the beach and summertime...then go to bed.
Thanks for the dinner Girls!
( I will be missing the Rodeo tommorow.. :( Since I am on bed rest Mark has invited his dad to take my ticket...They will have a great time and maybe I will have some silence...)
Pictures too come soon...to tired right now. Next Dr. appt scheduled for Tuesday! I'll give an update then....
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Any reviews on the nap nanny?
Friday, February 5, 2010
I love this litte super hero more that anything....and can't wait to see him react as a big brother!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Grant is 3.5 years old with a baby brother almost here!!!
Things he likes:
- Superhero's and dressing up in costumes.
- Airplanes, Firetrucks, Boats
- TV...he will watch most anything but loves Clifford the Big Red Dog, The Incredibles, Dora and Deigo of course
- Cheetos, Gerber Graduate Cereal Bars aka pop tarts, chocolate pudding, Chicken nuggets, and sprite. Thats about all he eats.
- He loves playing in the bath tub...i can put him in and sometimes he will stay an hour and play with his toys.
- Loves his John Deer Boots and spending time at both Pappa and Paws shop.
- hates anything girly....i tried to put my scarf on him the other day to play outside and he was not having it. "i'm not like you, i'm like my daddy"
- He is becoming more aware of others size, shape, age, and color...and expresses his thoughts loudly.
- can burp loudly after every sip of a drink...
- loves his friends at school.
- can't wait to meet his brother
- has an imaginary friend...well its his little boy and he is 5 and his name is Inkcard.
- we still have the Yellow Blanket...only there are just two of the corners that work...the others he says are too big
i am sure there are many more things but i just cant think anymore right now....
I am 28 weeks pregnant up 11 pounds and found out this week..well today... that in addition to my high blood pressure I now have gestational diabetes...I would have never guessed it and I am still surprised. Unhealthy foods are my weakness and having to eat better and change my diet...while being pregnant...will definatly be a challenge for me. I will need support and prayers... Whatever it takes to keep this baby healthy...I CAN DO IT! We definalty don't want to see the inside of a NICU again...I know from experience that you can't decide your birth plan.