Friday, February 5, 2010

Greetings from Bed Rest

I have been on bed rest due to PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) since January 28..so 9 days now...I think..I've lost count and don't really even know what day it is....Sorry Mark..but as I type I am laughing out loud at how LOUD Mark is snoring...I think he may be choking. He wen't to the doctor this morning and has Strep throat...I had hoped we might have a few "normal" alone days before the baby comes but this looks like all were gonna get...


My job is still very important to me even though I am at home for the remainder of my pregnancy....you see, I am the coordinator for the Tri-County March for Babies fundraiser that supports premature birth, birth defects, and infant mortality. You all know that Grant was born premature and I hope and pray that this next little guy stays put for at least 5 more weeks... Because of my condition it makes me want to work harder to raise money for research to find out WHY ARE BABIES BORN EARLY? and what can be done to stop it. Especially for those moms who do go to every appointment and dont drink, smoke or do drugs..


I need your help! if anyone reads this....My goal as the employee of the March of Dimes is to raise $135,000 for this one event....and since I am not at the office or out in the field....i must raise money from BED REST.


please visit this site http://www.marchforbabies.org/ and sign up as an individual walker to make your donation...its real simple...type in your zip code and it should locate the TRI COUNTY March for Babies at Renaissance in Ridgeland.


1500 babies are born premature each day! Don't let it be yours or mine!

I love this litte super hero more that anything....and can't wait to see him react as a big brother!

No comments: