Friday, February 26, 2010

Banks is here!













Well this has been an eventful week. I am going to do my list of events in bullet form so it won't seem like I am rambling on and on.
  • Day 1- High Blood pressure stayed over night in Labor and Delivery recieved Magnesium.

  • Day 2- Moved to postpardum to be watched for a day.

  • Day 3- We thought we were going home but Dr. Cole wasn't sure about my blood pressure just yet so she said that morning that it would be at least another night. During her nightly rounds my pressures had gone back up (even after increasing meds two times). She immediatly said lets go back to Labor and Delivery and watch you overnight and have this baby in the morning. OK...so I was here alone because Mark had gone to take care of some things but was on his way back...I called him and told him to hurry back and to go ahead and tell our families. Within a few minutes my blood pressure had risen to 200/116 so it was decided that we would be having the baby within 30 minutes. Missy and my sister in law Deanne were the only ones here when Mark brought Banks out for his first appearance.

Welcome Alexander Banks Nixon...7:14 pm, 5lbs 14oz, 18.5 inches


Our parents just did not have time to make it. Banks was taken to the NICU where they started a Cpap to help him breath a little better. I was given another round of Magnesium overnight since my blood pressure had gotten so high again.



  • Day 4- That morning was a little crazy...too many meds at once = my blood pressure to drop really low...I was a little loopy for a while but by lunch I was back to the postpardum floor and go to go see Banks for the first time.

  • Day 5- Still in hospital trying to relax, recover, and visit with Banks in the NICU

He is doing well breathing through a nasal canula only and recieving some iv fluids...I think we are just waiting for him to slow his heavy breathing down, and start drinking milk and gaining weight...then we will be coming home. That could be maybe 4 more days I am thinking...maybe more maybe less.

Looks like we will be here in room 103 until Sunday or Monday.


It is not much easier the second time around in the NICU...I keep seeing these babies being brought to the mommas room as i am being wheeled to intensive care.. I can tell Banks knows who I am...he responds when he hears me and opens his eyes when I am holding him.


Everything happend so fast,...I have had my first emotional breakdown today. And I am sure there are more to come.

Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, or texted....we appreciate all the prayers and hope you'll keep praying. Enjoy the pictures....We can't decide who he looks like...


























1 comment:

J Hammer said...

He is so sweet! I am so excited for y'all! I know Grant has to be thrilled to have a little brother! I am thinking about all of you! Congrats!