Friday, February 13, 2009

The Grant Gator

Below you will read a post from Holly Bond and Hollypops Gifts. We have worked together on how, in these tough economic times her small business can help the March of Dimes and Grant's Groupies Team.

Please contact myself or Holly directly at http://www.hollypopsgifts.blogspot.com/ to order your shirt.


Thank you so much Holly for your support of this cause...We hope you and your family will come walk with us on May 2...


The Grant Gator

$20.00 with $5.00 of each purchase to support the March of Dimes (see details below) This is purchased through Hollypops Monogrammed Gifts.


"During pregnancy every woman has a plan of the way they expect everything to go. At only 34 weeks pregnant my plans completely changed. I was loading the dishwasher when my water broke. Exactly 24 hours later I delivered Grant. His lungs were underdeveloped and he spent the first 10 days of life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It was very difficult not being able to hold him or take him home when I was discharged. He is a happy and healthy 2.5 year old now. When he was one year old I had been looking for a new job and a friend told me about a position at the March of Dimes. Not knowing anything about March of Dimes I went to Google and knew when I read the mission statement that this job was for me...like a calling. The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. Lung Surfactant helped save my little boy and the research for this was funded by money raised for the March of Dimes."~Melanie Nixon, Grant's Momma


Melanie is a loyal customer of mine that has become a friend. As you read the above statement by Melanie, they have personally been affected by the need for such an organization as March of Dimes. And in reality, all mothers have benefited from the research and mission of March of Dimes. Your baby may not have been premature or had any birth defects, but if they had, you would have benefited from the research and resources of March of Dimes and most likely wouldn't have even known. Although your child may not have been born prematurely or had birth defects, chances are you know someone who has.


Melanie obviously believes in the mission enough to not only "Walk" for the cause, but she works for the cause in more ways than one. She does this not only for her child but for all babies that are born, whether they are healthy or need the unexpected medical care that March of Dimes supports and researches. I am personally grateful for supporters as Melanie who believes in this enough and cares about other babies enough to ensure that my and your baby can benefit from the mission of March of Dimes that he/she might would need.


When Melanie sent out an email about supporting Grant's Family Team in the upcoming March of Dimes, March for Babies Walk, I felt led to do something. On a personal note, my niece and 2 cousins were born prematurely and spent several weeks in the NICU. It was a reality for me that Abbey, Brennan, and Tanner also benefited from the research and mission of March of Dimes. After praying about what I could do to support Grant's Family Team, the mission of March of Dimes and all babies who need and will need March of Dimes, I decided to create a t-shirt in Grant's honor.


Since I can't use March of Dimes' logo, I worked with Melanie to create a t-shirt that represents Grant. She told me that he likes alligators and tractors. I searched the web for a cute alligator and found what I thought to be the perfect one. With Melanie's approval, the t-shirt above is what we created. I can make a pink alligator for girls if you don't prefer the lime green. I've got a pink one ordered already...I'll post that pic when available.
The Grant Alligator t-shirt cost $20.00. $5.00 of each sale will go to Grant's Family Team in support of March of Dimes. They will be participating in the March for Babies Walk, May 9, 2009. If interested in participating in this walk, click the highlighted phrase for more info.


Details about the shirt:Short sleeves onlyWhite onlySizes 6M to Youth sizes


Fabric Choices: Lime green polka dot, lime green gingham, hot pink polka dot, pink gingham


$20.00

No comments: